Since I am resting my ankle, I haven't been in the kitchen much. I told my mom yesterday that it's killing me not to go to the grocery store every day! I did finally make a trip to Byerly's but it only lasted about 5 minutes. An artichoke, mushroom, goat cheese pizza is about the most exciting thing I've made in the last week. So I thought today I would share a phenominal soup recipe for Gazpacho, a chilled tomato based soup--full of good stuff for your body! I mentioned making this on my other blog, if it looks familiar to some of you. Soon after making it, the phone was ringing for the recipe... so here it is!
Gazpacho
2 medium cucumbers, peeled & diced
2 lbs ripe tomatoes, chopped (6 large)
1/2 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 carrots, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt
pepper
celery salt or garlic salt
red pepper flakes
avocados
radishes
cilantro, for garnish
6 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream (optional)
1 cup water
In a blender or very large food processor puree the tomatoes, red pepper, garlic, carrots, lemon juice, spices, olive oil,@ 1/2 of the cucumber chunks and 1 cup of water. Pour into a large bowl or tupperware container, stir in the remainder of the diced cucumber. Cover and chill overnight or for at least three hours.
To serve, garnish soup with onion, avocado, cilantro, radishes, etc.
Recipe makes 6 servings
Calories 91
Total Fat 3.3g
Dietary Fiber 3.5g
