More soup. Yes, I am indeed in love with these low-cal soup meals and did not take a day off making food for lunch on my birthday yesterday because this was just too inviting and easy. (Don't worry--I did go out for dinner!) This simple soup (the easiest I've ever made at least) tastes like comfort food. It is the perfect bowl to warm you up on a cool day. I think it is safe to say that while made with skim milk and cauliflower, it would satisfy any cravings you might have for a creamy potato soup.
Cauliflower and Walnut Cream Soup
Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed and roughly chopped
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups skim milk
3 tablespoons walnut pieces with additional to garnish
salt and pepper to taste
paprika
Directions:
1. In a stock pot, bring chicken stock, cauliflower and onion to a boil. Simmer 15 mn. or until soft.
2. Add milk and walnut pieces.
3. Puree in food processor until smooth, return to pan and bring to a slow boil to reheat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve garnished with walnut pieces and paprika.
Yields 4 servings
Nutrition: 175 calories, 8g fat, 3.3g fiber
Sunday, September 30, 2007
My Birthday Lunch
Labels: cauliflower, soup
