
Frozen Flower Bowls
This was a fun experiment I saw in a magazine and had to try! I froze various flowers from my garden in water between 2 bowls, different sizes to leave about a one inch gap. I taped the tops of the bowls together so they were level before putting them in the freezer over night. After setting them out at room temperature for about 10 minutes, the top bowl lifted out with some warm water needed to help out the bottom. I put the bowls each on a colorful plate and then back in the freezer until it was time to use them. I decided to use them for shrimp cocktail--a favorite easy meal at our house(buy the shrimp, squeeze the bottle of sauce and dinner is served). It really worked well to keep the shrimp cold. The picture doesn't do the bowls justice (a picture in sunlight would have been better most likely)--they looked really cool! For a party I would make a huge one and set it in a glass bowl full of ice to make it last longer. You can also use berries or fruit slices instead of flowers. We laughed at how instantly recyclable the bowls were. After dinner on the deck we threw them like Frisbees into the yard! Dishes are done!
Friday, September 7, 2007
Instantly Recyclable
