This is a really easy way to make asparagus even better. A quick pan sauce before it finishes baking, toss it together, and I added lemon zest to top it off. I'll make this sauce with carrots or broccoli also. I could live on this!
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter
Ingredients
40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
Cooking spray
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Preparation
Preheat oven to 400°.
Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until tender.
Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Drizzle over the asparagus, tossing well to coat. Serve immediately.
Yield
8 servings (serving size: 5 spears)
Nutritional Information
CALORIES 45; FAT 3g; FIBER 1.7g
