I found this recipe on www.hungry-girl.com, which is a daily e-mail newsletter I have been happy to open in my email inbox everyday for almost 2 years. I highly recommend signing up, as they will send you awesome recipes, new product reviews, and all kinds off healthy tips! It WILL change the way you eat! I can't remember the last time I made pancakes outside of my classroom, so this was a new treat. This pancake is perfect for a Saturday breakfast in the Fall--and very kid friendly too! Instead of making one pancake, I would recommend making 2-3 smaller ones, as they will cook better. If you don't have Splenda you could use sugar, just use about double the amount. In related news, we will be carving our pumpkin this weekend! We have a special plan for our gourd, pictures will be posted!
"Crazy for Pumpkin" Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/3 cup regular oats (not quick or instant)
1/2 cup egg whites
1 tbsp. fat-free cottage cheese
2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 packets of Splenda
Directions:
Blend all ingredients together with a hand mixer or blender.
Spray your pan with nonstick spray and cook on medium/high heat until bubbly.
Then flip your giant pancake (2-3 smaller ones work better!) and finish it off until golden brown.
Top with sugar-free syrup.
*The entire recipe (minus the syrup) has just 190 calories and 2g of fat.
