
It was a Krua summer (play on the Cruel Summer song), as a dear relative declared, but it is turning into a Krua fall also. Krua Thai is without a doubt one of our favorite restaurants. So when my mom sent us a happy 7th anniversary card with some cash for dinner, I didn't even think about all of those places I'd like to try, I automatically knew we would get Krua take-out (take-out only to accommodate my ankle) and have a nice candle lit dinner at home, on our anniversary eve, just for the heck of it! Krua is a hole in the wall--not an ounce of pretension to be had--I mean ZERO! The menu is a three ring binder with pictures of each dish. I first heard about this place on the radio, and have since learned that it is a favorite of Andrew Zimmern (apparently he thinks it's the best Thai in town) and many more locals who love good food. Kyle and I usually get the same thing, he loves the shrimp pad Thai (pictured right), and I get the red curry chicken (made with a chili, peanut, coconut sauce). I predict a Krua winter ahead!
Krua Thailand, 432 W. University Av., St. Paul, 651-224-4053. 
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Candle Lit Krua
Labels: restaurant
