
I honestly don't like barbecue sauce but I love sweet potatoes! I wondered when I saw this recipe if pairing the two might win me over...and they did! I did cook them a few minutes longer than the recipe called for. Paired with a summer salad it was a nice dinner on the deck.
Crispy Barbecued Sweet Potatoes
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1. Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for medium-hot fire.
2. Combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, and pepper in small bowl; mix well.
3. Brush the potato slices on both sides with the ketchup mixture.
4. Grill the potatoes 5 inches from heat, turning frequently and brushing with the remaining ketchup mixture, until browned on the outside and tender when pierced with a barbecue fork, about 8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts:Calculated for 1 serving(recipe makes 4 servings)
Calories 112 Total Fat 0.1g Cholesterol 0mg Dietary Fiber 3.5g
