Friday, August 24, 2007

My 12 Step Program


Since we are headed out of town for the weekend I decided to clean out the fridge. In doing so, I came up with this recipe based on what I found as I cleaned. It's a veggie eggie cheesy baked type deal! I used creme brulee ramekins which was a nice way to bake them quickly and have them pre-portioned. I must admit I was really surprised how very delicious these were!

1. Place zucchini slice in ramekin.
2. Pour about 2T of egg whisked with basil (I used 1 egg and 1/2c egg substitute to make 3)
3. Sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese
4. Top with tomato slice
5. Add 2T egg mixture
6. Top with sun-dried tomato basil Monterrey jack cheese
7. Top with onion slices
8. Add mushrooms
9. Top with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs
10. Add 2T egg mixture
11. Finish off with a tomato slice
12. Set ramekins on cooling rack and bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.