Heather this one is for you. (Insert Madonna quote, "You love me. You really really love me.") I am NOT hermitting and I AM enjoying myself. I do think this week is a bit unusual and come this weekend I can I bet I won't want to leave the house. Here is where my excursions have taken me and what I have taken in:
Cafe BonXai: As Monica put it, "It's a meat locker in here!" I introduced two girlfriends to this place and we all agreed that the food is spot on terrific--but the place was freezing cold, to the point I was wearing my winter coat and huddling over coffee, which I order about once a year. I didn't complain because a worker kept fidgeting with a thermostat so I figured it was on the fritz and gave them some grace. I enjoyed clams and mussels in a spicy broth and a bowl of tomato basil coconut milk soup.
Salut: Lunched there Saturday with my dad and step-mom. Busy Edina joint that will open their second restaurant of the same name on Grand Ave. in June, therefore that will be my only trip crossing the river to go there. I enjoyed and egg white omelet with spinach, mushrooms, and goat cheese. Nice menu! Something for the the whole crew there. And plenty of cake eaters.
Byerly's Restaurant: Dinner with mom and Kyle. We were going to try Bocca Chica but a TJMaxx shopping trip cut into our time. The Little Oven sounded oh so convenient, but there was a wait. So off the the next closest place. I ate straight up 2004 style, indulging in a big old salad, grilled cheese, and fries. Comfort food with mom--everything was right in the world.
Jamba Juice: A Mango-a-GoGo on a Sunday afteroon...bliss! Kyle and I used to be hard core addicted to that place when we lived in HP. At 9 bucks a trip this was not wise on our waistline or wallet. "It's fruit!" we'd say. Well...unfortunately those smoothies pack in plenty of calories too. And I wondered why I was ballooning. Live and learn eh?
I have so many recipes calling my name. Wednesday I'll be making a pasta that was published in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago. I look forward to twirling those noodles at my own kitchen table...
Monday, January 28, 2008
Ooot and Abooot
Labels: restaurant
