Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bacio's with my "besties"

Tuesday night I went to Bacio's for the first time. I thought it would be the perfect meeting place for our next girl's night, as my three girlfriends seem to be regulars there and are always raving about it. My grandparents, Kate and Frank, are also fans. This restaurant is where the old sit down Lee Ann Chin's used to be at Bonaventure Mall next to Ridgedale in Minnetonka. I remember as a kid going to the same location for a family dinner to celebrate my grandparent's anniversary (Barbara and Allan). My grandma mentioned that she liked one of the dishes, (perhaps a mini tea pot?) and the waitress told her she could keep it as a keepsake of their celebration. My grandpa passed away shortly after that, and seeing that dish on her window sill always reminded me of that meal.
Bacio's filled my stomach with a salad course of organic greens, Donnay Farms organic goat cheese and pine nuts, with balsamic vinaigrette. I followed that with diver scallops served with a spinach risotto and a lobster bacon cream. They melted in my mouth. Quite possibly my favorite food those scallops are. I could eat them with every meal. It's a protein that almost tastes like dessert to me, I swear. Amazing food and my best friends...for two hours I forgot it was the coldest night of the year.