Although I don't have an official diagnosis, it is very safe to say I have many symptoms of Seasonal Affect Disorder (SAD--literally!). It's making me loco...and therefore Kyle too I think. Well... I have a treatment plan that doesn't involve mood altering drugs or moving south (yet at least). I am trying to go out more--be more social---hermit less, which is pretty much my favorite thing to do. I love my cozy house and all the comforts it offers me. Ahhh...my sanctuary on this Earth. But I feel the gods of social interaction calling my name...calling me to go out and about...and I have answered. Last night I went to the new Sawatdee Restaurant downtown St. Paul with Sabrina and Heather for dinner and a drink, on a work night...this is progress people! Good soup and conversation was indeed therapeutic for me. Huh...who knew? Well I look forward to my next sessions...dinner with Lisa and Monica at Cafe BonXai, a family lunch with my dad and Mary, and then a dose of my hometown girlfriends and Italian eats at Bacio in Minnetonka. All this by Tuesday--this is so not normal for me! My hope is that is makes me more normal. Ok..just a little more tolerable this time of year maybe? I'll settle for that! While I love cooking, I think I'll enjoy the whole "meet you 6?" scene for a bit.
