Thursday, December 6, 2007

www.restaurant.com

www.restaurant.com Check it out! You can search by zip codes for restaurants that post gift certificates to sell for less than face value. You can print the gift certificate out on your printer whenever you want. There are a couple of tips to make this experience the best it can be for you! Check the site on the first of the month when all of the restaurants "refill" their stock of gift certificates. Also, as always with ANY online shopping, google the store name and then type +coupon code, in this case the store name is restaurant.com Once you discover the world of coupon codes you will never pay full price or shipping for online purchases again! Buy checking this site on the first and adding a coupon code I paid $5 for a $25 gift card to Spill the Wine in Minneapolis, and another to one of my favorite places to eat, D'Castellano's in the North Oaks/White Bear Lake area. I also will use this site before we travel, as you can search any city. I'll look online for restaurant reviews to make sure I choose a nice place, and then I'll have them packed and ready to use. Check out if any restrictions apply, sometimes you can't use it for alcohol or tip, and sometimes there is a minimum purchase. Overall--super convienent! Kyle and I met at D'Castellano's last Friday to redeem it, but they were temporarily closed for repairs. I was craving their food all day so I was bummed, but I look forward to using it soon! A similar thing happened last month. My cousin Sabrina went to get us takeout from our favorite place Krua. They had a sign on the door saying they were "closed for just today only." That's a risk I am willing to take to support small business restaurants. I've been thinking lately how much I truly miss waitressing. I miss the fast cash, the short term relationships, being around people passionate about food, the busy atmosphere. I just might be searching for an opportunity to get back into it part time in the next year. Speaking of Krua, I am headed there tonight. A little slice of heaven in the midst of this crap weather-I can hardly wait!