Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Mix, spoon, and chill. Easy enough?

Here is one of the treats I made to share at my Santa's Workshop party. I'm not a cherry fan (unless they are fresh in the summer) so I didn't sample them, but rumor has it they tasted great. I did enjoy the fact that they were a super fast no-bake treat.

Chocolate Almond Cherry Crisps

Ingredients
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups oven-toasted rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
3/4 cup dried cherries
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Preparation
Cover a large baking sheet with wax paper.
Place semisweet and white chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl; microwave at HIGH 45 seconds. Stir, and microwave an additional 45 seconds or until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Add cereal and remaining ingredients; stir quickly to combine. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet; chill 1 hour or until firm.

Yield: 36 servings (serving size: 1 crisp)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 68; FAT 3.3g (sat 2g,mono 0.8g,poly 0.2g); PROTEIN 0.6g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 7mg; FIBER 0.7g

Laura Zapalowski , Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2007