While I was making this quick dinner the other night it occurred to me that if someone would have asked me how to make this I might have said something like, "Throw a couple thighs on the Foreman..." What?!? Can you imagine how funny that might have sounded before the boxer made this kitchen gizmo? It sounds like a dirty joke at a construction site, but here it is, now common speak in kitchens across America. Silly how that works.
Anyhew, this meal came together when I realized I had everything in the fridge to make a simple pasta, and Kyle is a big pesto fan. I've made pesto before but now having discovered Classico Basil Pesto in a jar--done with that! This was leftover from the pizza I made last week. I also had Parmesan and 2 good size chicken thighs, and pasta...so dinner was decided! Once upon a time I would have ordered something like this in a restaurant and not thought about throwing it together at home. But now with store bought ingredients it's easy!
Spaghetti with Chicken and Basil Pesto
Boil pasta 4 oz for 2 servings, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add pesto sauce, about a 1/2 cup for 2 servings, cut up grilled chicken and add, finally finish with 1/4 cup parm and salt and pepper!
