I do believe I picked a winner to make after not cooking for a couple weeks. Dear Lord my stack of recipes is starting to take over the kitchen after this hiatus. I was sick with the flu and toast was exciting as it got around here, I went to Vegas, and I've also been searching for just the right new job for me, which will have me super busy for the next two weeks.
This sauce is AMAZING! We inhaled it. Instead of chicken, I bought a pound of shrimp. I also added about a tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken the sauce, and extra chili paste and garlic for more of a kick. Served it up with jasmine rice and asparagus. I highly recommend you all try this one.
Chicken Sauté (Sub Shrimp) with Caramelized Ginger Sauce
Ingredients:
1 tablespoons Vegetable Oil, Canola
2 tablespoons Sugar, Granulated
1.5 tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 teaspoons Chili Paste
1 teaspoons Ginger Root
1 cups Lower Sodium Chicken Broth
1 teaspoons Oil, Sesame
4 servings Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 teaspoons Black
1/8 teaspoons salt, table
Instructions:
1. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sugar to pan; cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves and is lightly browned. Combine soy sauce, chile paste, and ginger in a small bowl; add to pan. Add chicken broth, sesame oil, and chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon. Simmer sauce 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return chicken to pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly with pepper and salt.
Calories 381, Total Fat 18.2g, Cholesterol 122.3mg,Dietary Fiber 0.34g
Cooking Light May 2008
