Friday, February 8, 2008

Rib Night

Once upon a time, for 8 months, we lived in Hugo, Minnesota. A blip, a pit-stop, a good investment, and yes, a bad fit for us. Now I'm not really from the camp that thinks everything happens for a reason, but...had we not lived there we would not have discovered a little treasure between Forest Lake and Scandia called The Old Log Cabin. This is where one of Kyle's favorite meals is found, but only on Fridays, when they have what he deems the best ribs in town. (Sorry, but barbeque is not my thing.) Served up with a baked potato, dinner roll, and a salad with what he also says is some of the best blue cheese in town. So when we have a reason to celebrate something in his life, this is where I suggest, and then I watch his eyes light up at the thought of those ribs. Tonight we hiked on up to Washington County and had a very nice meal together, celebrating a huge professional accomplishment for Kyle. I couldn't be prouder.