While Thai is my favorite cuisine, Greece is where I would go with a free ticket to anywhere in the world. Someday I know I'll get there... but for now I will cook in Saint Paul and dream. This dish comes together very easily and feta is always a favorite topping for me.
Greek Style Scampi
Ingredients
6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
1 tsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 tsp. bottled minced garlic
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
6 T (about 1 and 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
Preparation
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add green bell pepper to pan; saute 1 minute. Add garlic and tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Add black pepper and shrimp; cover and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in red pepper; remove from heat. Place 1 cup pasta on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with one cup shrimp mixture and 1 and 1/2 tablespoons cheese.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition: Calories 379; Fat 8.5g; Protein 31.7; Carb 43.3g; Fiber 2.6g
Cooking Light March 2008
