To the public that is. I'm done with this blog folks. Time to say farewell. Thanks for stopping by if it was once, or if it was often. If I Vlached your taste buds off or I made you wonder where is the pot roast?
Truth is I'm bored with this blog. My self-diagnosed selective ADD manifests in strange ways. Today it comes in the form of ditching a blog.
No worries, my cooking is not going anywhere. I've got a pot of sump'n sump'n brewing downstairs right now in fact. For the husband and I to enjoy...alone. I could never stop this creative process of mine. Some people write, run, read, knit, shop, watch news channels, pop out babies, I cook. I'll still be blogg'n on the family site. Still cooking up a storm too. That is where my attention LOVES to go.
I'm leaving the blog up, as kind of a reference tool for myself. Just not adding to it...anytime soon at least. I guess I should never say never huh?
Keep on cook'n and eating well!
Oh OK, one more recipe! Made these last week. You can fill them with anything! Kid friendly, easy, neatly packaged. Fun.
Spinach Calzones with Blue Cheese
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 calzone)
Ingredients
1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
Cooking spray
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups spinach leaves
8 (1/8-inch-thick) slices Vidalia or other sweet onion
1 1/3 cups sliced cremini or button mushrooms
3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
Preparation
Preheat oven to 425°.
Unroll dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; cut into 4 quarters. Pat each quarter into a 6 x 5-inch rectangle. Sprinkle garlic evenly over rectangles. Top each rectangle with 1 cup spinach, 2 onion slices, 1/3 cup mushrooms, and 3 tablespoons cheese. Bring 2 opposite corners to center, pinching points to seal. Bring remaining 2 corners to center, pinching all points together to seal. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until golden.
Nutritional Information
Calories:297 (28% from fat)
Fat:9.1g (sat 4g,mono 3.2g,poly 1g)
Protein:13.4g
Carbohydrate:40.7g
Fiber:5.1g
Cholesterol:16mg
Iron:3.8mg
Sodium:818mg
Calcium:180mg
Cooking Light, MAY 1999
Monday, September 15, 2008
Kitchen is Closed!
