Sabrina invited us over for the very hilarious Bob Saget Roast on Comedy Central tonight. I immediately knew what to contribute to the meal. A Chicken Dinner Pie of course. Is it pureed watermelon with a drumstick garnish? Nope. Let me explain. In Vegas this past Memorial Day weekend, we sipped on some fruity concoction of pink lemonade slushiness and rum. Fast forward to the Fourth of July weekend and Sarah and I recreated it. But we needed a name. The phrase of the Vegas weekend, well one of them, was "Winner winner, chicken dinner!" Of course we applied it to random things, seeing as how we hardly gambled (technically it's a congratulatory saying in the gambling world I know little about), it just became a catch-all. And so the drink was named. It was funny telling people at my grill out that there was "chicken dinner" in the kitchen if they wanted to pour themselves a little. Funny looks followed. So I searched for a pink lemonade pie and tweaked what I found, creating this:
Chicken Dinner Pie
Ingredients
14 oz can fat free sweetened condensed milk
8 oz partially thawed pink lemonade frozen concentrate
1 8 oz tub Cool Whip Free
1 6 oz pre-made reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
3-4 capfuls of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
Preparation
1. Whisk together the first two ingredients.
2. Fold in the Cool Whip.
3. Pour into pie crust
4. Freeze at least 4 hours.
5. Garnish with berries and mint leaves.
Nutrition: Horrible! Don't ask! It was inspired from Vegas so it has to be sinful right? :-)
